A fantastic weekend, followed by a fantastic week! That’s the best way to characterize current goings-on at the museum. We had a BUSY, BUSY, BUSY weekend, which again is great news. Lots of visitors and lots of volunteers who turned out to help, too. Our crew was pretty thin on Monday, just Gail McClure in the Company Store and Craig Simmons doing RALs. Although business was slow (visitor-wise, anyway) today, we had a good volunteer crew. Stephanie Parker was in the Company Store and Charlie Spikes did RALs. Matt Parker was go-fer, tour guide, and cleaned up around the facility (including the mess made by a raid on our dumpster which appears to have been mounted by Yogi Bear). Matt and David Elems, along with Deanna Fecko, continued work on WP caboose 428 – in the afternoon, when it was discovered that WP 917-D needed lube oil and water added, Matt and David quickly switched hats and became service technicians, attending to this motor. Our steam crew has began arriving for the work session taking place through this weekend – today members Bob Sims, Chris Allan, and Roger Stabler all arrived. There was a whole lot of barbecuing going on this evening. . .yum! The weather is great, and it’s a great time to be in Portola!
- Tom Carter - Director/Webmaster
- 2015 Election Completed
- Current Progress for Winter 2014-2015
- 2014 Western Pacific Historical Convention Schedule now available
- Raffle Winners have been chosen!
- Press Release – FRRS secures grant from Union Pacific Foundation
- 2014 Feather River Rail Society Board of Directors Election Results
- Members Meeting & Dinner – Help Wanted!
- Pre-Work Job Briefing
- Facebook test 1
- Winter at the WPRM
- Around the Museum – 4 March 2015
- Crew Training for 2015 Season
- Work at the WPRM, 22 January 2015
- Continuing Work at the WPRM – 30 October 2014 – 9:50pm
- Work Continues at the WPRM – 30 October 2014
- Around the Museum in the evening, June 30, 2014
- It’s a Wrap!
- Work Continues at the WPRM (Week of April 6)
- Work continues at the WPRM
- Chris Allan
- More Convention Shows and Events!
- Start of Season Work Session!
- 2017 WP Convention Update
- 2017 Historic Convention opens registration
- FRRS Sponsors!
- WP 917-D Start-up
- 2016 WP – PCR / NMRA Convention Report
- Early Bird Convention Registration Ends Today!
- Western Pacific 2016 Convention!
- Santa Trains postscript