The remnants of Tropical Storm Fabio arrived last night, bringing some clouds and sprinkles through the day. Not enough, however, to dampen spirits here at the museum. A good number of happy visitors and a great crowd of volunteers turning out for the beginning of WP 165 Summer Work Session. Faces in the crowd included Stephanie Parker, Chris Allan, Charlie Spikes, Bob Sims, Hank Stiles, Dave Anderson, and Roger Stabler. Our favorite wrench fanatic Seth Adams also showed up and went to work on WP 1503, fixing many of the electrical connections severed when the “smart start” system was removed from it. An attempt was made to fire the engine, but the governor does not want to pull in on its own, so Seth is back to pouring over the electrical diagrams. Also joining us today was new member and volunteer Steven Parry. Steve is a young man who lives nearby and is interested in railroading, so he has joined our organization to learn what he can, and we certainly welcome his participation. He worked with the steam crew today. Work completed on the 165 today included cleaning and painting on the drivers, and some welding work on the boiler. A good crowd and lots of work getting accomplished making for a great day!
- Tom Carter - Director/Webmaster
- 2015 Election Completed
- Current Progress for Winter 2014-2015
- 2014 Western Pacific Historical Convention Schedule now available
- Raffle Winners have been chosen!
- Press Release – FRRS secures grant from Union Pacific Foundation
- 2014 Feather River Rail Society Board of Directors Election Results
- Members Meeting & Dinner – Help Wanted!
- Pre-Work Job Briefing
- Facebook test 1
- Winter at the WPRM
- Around the Museum – 4 March 2015
- Crew Training for 2015 Season
- Work at the WPRM, 22 January 2015
- Continuing Work at the WPRM – 30 October 2014 – 9:50pm
- Work Continues at the WPRM – 30 October 2014
- Around the Museum in the evening, June 30, 2014
- It’s a Wrap!
- Work Continues at the WPRM (Week of April 6)
- Work continues at the WPRM
- Chris Allan
- More Convention Shows and Events!
- Start of Season Work Session!
- 2017 WP Convention Update
- 2017 Historic Convention opens registration
- FRRS Sponsors!
- WP 917-D Start-up
- 2016 WP – PCR / NMRA Convention Report
- Early Bird Convention Registration Ends Today!
- Western Pacific 2016 Convention!
- Santa Trains postscript