The Feather River Rail Society is pleased to announce the opening of pre-registration for the 2018 Western Pacific Railroad Historical Convention!
This year marks the first time the convention will be held in Utah! April 19-22, 2018, we will be hosted by the DoubleTree Inn by Hilton near the Salt Lake City Airport.
This year’s theme is “Where the WP Meets the Rio Grande”
– Historic and Modeling Clinics including a look at the Tooele Valley Railroad, early WP Passenger service, a photo trip from west to east on the WP, the Mixed Train Cars of the WP and much more!
– Recently scanned rare films from the Virgil Staff Collection
– Our Ever Popular Raffle!
– Modeling Displays and Layout Tours
– Archive and Photo Exhibits
– Guided Tours at the WP / DRGW Depot
– Vendors and Special Guests
Our very special Saturday night Banquet Speaker will be Steve Lee, former head of Union Pacific Heritage Operations.
For more information and to register, please go to http://convention.wplives.org
Please note that in addition to discount admission for Feather River Rail Society members, member of the Rio Grande Modelling and Historical Society also get discount admission to the convention and banquet!
Also, the DoubleTree has discount King Bed rooms for convention attendees. These rooms are $79 per night plus tax and fees. Find more information on the convention webpage.
Please join us for a great time in Salt Lake City!