August 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Tom Carter - Director/Webmaster
- 2015 Election Completed
- Current Progress for Winter 2014-2015
- 2014 Western Pacific Historical Convention Schedule now available
- Raffle Winners have been chosen!
- Press Release – FRRS secures grant from Union Pacific Foundation
- 2014 Feather River Rail Society Board of Directors Election Results
- Members Meeting & Dinner – Help Wanted!
- Pre-Work Job Briefing
- Facebook test 1
- Winter at the WPRM
- Around the Museum – 4 March 2015
- Crew Training for 2015 Season
- Work at the WPRM, 22 January 2015
- Continuing Work at the WPRM – 30 October 2014 – 9:50pm
- Work Continues at the WPRM – 30 October 2014
- Around the Museum in the evening, June 30, 2014
- It’s a Wrap!
- Work Continues at the WPRM (Week of April 6)
- Work continues at the WPRM
- Chris Allan
- 2018 Western Pacific Railroad Historical Convention
- “Charles O. Sweetwood” nurse visits WP Museum
- 2017 Western Pacific Convention update
- Season Opening Work Session
- More Convention Shows and Events!
- Start of Season Work Session!
- 2017 WP Convention Update
- 2017 Historic Convention opens registration
- FRRS Sponsors!
- WP 917-D Start-up
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Feather River Rail Society is pleased to announce the opening of pre-registration for the 2018 Western Pacific Railroad Historical Convention! This year marks the first time the convention will be held in Utah! April 19-22, 2018, we will be … Continue reading
We had an extraordinary event on Saturday at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola. Julia Rigutto Pagan, one of the original nurses who worked the WP’s Korean War Blood Procurement Pullman Car the “Charles O. Sweetwood” was brought by … Continue reading
Good evening everyone! Time is drawing near for the 2017 WP Convention in Reno, NV on May 4-7, 2017 at Harrah’s Reno. I am pleased to announce that we have filled out last presentation slot! A big thank you to … Continue reading
Another season opening work session! We’re continuing our clean-up and work session to get ready for 2017. This weekend we’ll be working in and around the Diesel Shop. For more information and to sign up, please visit: http://wplives.org/news_items/spring_2017_work_party.html
We are pleased to announce several more shows for the WP Convention happening May 4-7, 2017 at Harrah’s in Reno, Nevada: SHOWS: Orange and Silver Days Gone By – by Keith Ardinger WP’s Oroville Line Change – by Kerry Cochran … Continue reading
Hi everyone. We will be having a clean-up and redecoration weekend coming on March 25-26 at the museum. Primary focus will be getting the Museum Store cleared out, cleaned and then repainting the floor and touching up the walls. We … Continue reading
Update on WP Convention in Reno, May 4-7, 2017. We have several great presentations currently in the works. They will include: “The Feather River Lumber Company” by Dan Elliott – Plumas County Museum “Indian Valley Railway” by Eugene Vicknair “California … Continue reading
The 2017 Western Pacific Railroad Historic Convention will be held in Reno, Nevada, over May 4-7, 2017 at Harrah’s Reno. We have some great presentations lined up as well as some special events, including a Western Pacific Night at the … Continue reading
The week of January 9th saw a large amount of weather activity in the Sierra Nevada mountains, with flooding issues in many places, such as Reno, and through the Feather River Canyon. Luckily the museum was spared any major flooding … Continue reading